AUSTIN TAI CHI LEADS TO PEACE & WELL-BEING
Tai Chi Leads to Increased:
- Mental Peace
- Balanced and Energetic Health
- Greater Body Flexibility
- Mental Focus and Clarity
Tai Chi Chuan is mediation in motion that promotes health while redusing stress. Our Tai Chi instructors teach deep breathing, relaxation and improved balance. Austin Tai Chi classes encourage the joy of living “in the moment” through this moving medication. Tai Chi Chuan (Tai Ji Quan) uses slow and gentle movements to reduce stressful thoughts and anxious body feelings and decrease the risk of falls if you are senior. You will experience the 2000 Chinese philosophy behind the Tai Chi movements and the powerful and energizing Qigong.
Tai Chi has been shown to improve health and longevity, quality of life. Have better flexibility and joint strength while increasing serenity of mind.
According to the Mayo Clinic
Tai Chi Can Lead To:
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Increased aerobic capacity
- Increased energy and stamina
- Increased flexibility, balance and agility
- Increased muscle strength and definition
Some evidence indicates that Tai Chi also may help:
- Enhance the immune system
- Enhance quality of sleep
- Lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure
- Improve joint pain
- Improve symptoms of congestive heart failure
- Improve overall well-being in older adults
- Reduce risk of falls in older adults
Learn more about Health Benefits.
The Austin Tai Chi Chinese Internal Arts Program
This program is our comprehensive internal arts program starts with tai chi 24 posture progresses to ALL other internal Kung Fu forms (Yang Tai Chi, Chen Tai Chi, Pa Kua, internal weapons Buddah Fist, Hsing Ie, ….etc…) as well as the applications of the movements. This class meets multiple times during the week and is ongoing and progressive. The name Tai Chi Chuan actually means Grand Ultimate Fist in Chinese. The practice leads to personal mastery; body awareness, realxed mental clarity and self-knowledge. No wonder it is one of the fastest growing health crazes in the world. Breathe deep from your center, empty your thoughts, sink your Chi energy to the navel and move slowly from the spine. This is the essence of Tai Chi and can take a lifetime to learn. Please be my guest to sample this ancient path toward personal mastery.
- Completely relax the musculature.
- Clear your mind and become acutely aware of your internal and external environment.
- Achieve a stress and tension free posture
- Increase the unhindered flow of energy throughout the body, with a systemic increase of blood flow.
- Defend oneself with minimal use of effort by applying the concept of accommodation. (yin/yang)Tai Chi trains students in what is known as a yielding or soft style of martial arts.
The internal art of Pa Kua Chang teaches to evade attacks through a fluid, circling pattern of movements including steps designed to throw an opponent simply by coiling and uncoiling the body. At a higher level, the entire art of Shing Yi Ch’uan (Fist of Will) teaches the student to explode their internal power into every strike.Meditation exercises help students control their breathing, develop a greater awareness of their body and encourage a calm and controlled mental attitude. The internal arts require decades to master and the constant addition of new material at the Shaolin-Do school ensures that each student remains interested and challenged for a lifetime. Like the famous yin/yang symbol, the balance of these two unique strategies, SHAOLIN & TAI CHI, creates a powerful force and well-rounded martial artist. Why is Shaolin-Do so special?
- Calmly energize your mind & body.
- Lower Your Blood Pressure.
- You’ll Feel More Flexible.
- Gently Increase Strength & Balance.
- You strengthen your immune system.
Weight Loss, Endurance, Stress-Relief, Self-Defense, Fun and New Friends!